Virtual Office Hours
The Student Disability Access Office will have virtual office hours via Zoom every Monday - Friday from 10:00 -11:00 am and 3:00 - 4:00 pm. Students are admitted one at a time. Please be patient and a case manager will admit you to the room and answer any questions you may have. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment with a case manager.
Monday - Friday 3:00 - 4:00 pm - (Students with last name A-L) Judith Greenfarb
Monday - Friday 10:00 - 11:00 am - (Students with last name M-Z) Liz Pezzullo
Are you having trouble accessing your OTTER.ai account? Our notetaker coordinator, Angela Claiborne, will have virtual office hours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 11am-12pm via Zoom to answer your questions about OTTER.
Student Disability Access Office Mission
The Student Disability Access Office recognizes disability as an aspect of diversity that is integral to society and to our campus community. Accessibility is an essential feature of the Duke campus, and we strive to create an inclusive community for our students. We strive to ensure that students with disabilities are provided the tools they need to fully access all aspects of student life inside and outside of the classroom.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF SDAO
- Partner with students with disabilities to establish services for their access and inclusion on campus
- Manage, coordinate, implement and evaluate accommodation/service programs
- Serve as a resource to students/faculty/staff to ensure effective provision of services
- Provide educational and resource support to the campus community to increase awareness regarding how to create and sustain access and inclusion for students with disabilities in all aspects of the university
- Provide resource and referral information to the campus community and prospective student and their families
SDAO works with each student individually to establish academic adjustments and auxiliary aids and services, more frequently referred to as academic accommodations for the purpose of eliminating the environmental barriers impacting the student’s equitable access to the campus facilities, programs and activities. To find out more information about how to establish services with SDAO you can contact us in the following ways.
Phone: (919) 668-1267