main content


  1. The Student Disability Access Office (SDAO) reviews the student’s documentation and records to determine eligibility. 
  2. The SDAO Director, the ADAAA Eligibility and Accommodation Committee, and when appropriate, the Director of Undergraduate Studies and/or Academic Dean, determine if the requested accommodations are reasonable, necessary, and appropriate in the context of the student’s academic program.
  3. The SDAO staff meets with the student to discuss the accommodations approved as being necessary and reasonable in the context of the student’s academic program.
  4. Approved accommodations are recorded on the SDAO Accommodations Agreement, which is signed and dated by the student and SDAO staff; the original agreement is maintained in the student’s file and the student receives a copy. Procedures for implementing accommodations are discussed and the student’s rights and responsibilities are reviewed. The student is also apprised that individual circumstances may warrant modification of the accommodations agreed upon and listed on the Accommodations Agreement.

    NOTE: When accommodations are approved in areas such as housing and transportation, those offices are notified.
  5. After the Accommodations Agreement is signed, the SDAO makes an appointment for the student to meet with the Disability Coordinator or Case Management Coordinator to discuss and arrange for the implementation of the student’s approved accommodations.

    NOTE: Students must meet with the Disability Coordinator or Case Management Coordinator each semester to make arrangements for the implementation of accommodations for that semester.

    NOTE: When a student requests to use one or more approved classroom accommodations in a specific class and/or lab, the professor/instructor is notified.

    NOTE: Should a student wish to discuss the possibility of receiving an accommodation not listed on the Accommodations Agreement, the student should make an appointment to meet with the SDAO Director to discuss his or her request. Additional documentation may be needed.
  6. A student who disagrees with accommodation decisions made by the Student Disability Access Office has the right to file a grievance/complaint. Information regarding the filing of a grievance and/or complaint is available by contacting the Office of Institutional Equity at (919) 668-6214 (Grievance)

If you have any questions regarding student issues please do not hesitate to contact