Accommodations, Accessibility, Assistance
The Disability Management System (DMS), in collaboration with the Student Disability Access Office (SDAO), provides leadership to the University and University Health System efforts to ensure an accessible, hospitable working and learning environment for people with disabilities while ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations. We serve as a centralized clearinghouse on disability-related information, procedures and services.
For new students, visitors, and applicants requesting accommodations, please visit https://duke-accommodate.symplicity.com/public_accommodation.
For students who are already registered with the Student Disability Access Office (SDAO) and requesting a new and accommodation, please fill out the SDAO form.
For employees requesting accommodations, please visit the 'Current Employee Accommodations' tab located on the left.
NEWS and INFORMATION:
Duke Alert! Sign up to recieve Emergency Alerts via SMS text to your mobile phone.
West Quad Construction Path PDF, to show the accessible path around West Quad
SPRING 2016 SEMESTER DEADLINES:
*The Deadline to submit Special Housing Requests for the spring 2016 semester has passed.
February 10, 2016:
- Last day to request NoteTakers for spring 2016 semester.
- Last day to submit Request Forms and Documentation to SDAO for accommodations for the spring 2016 semester.
- Last day for new students not yet registered with the office to meet with your Case Manager and sign the formal Accommodations Agreement.
Fall 2016 SEMESTER DEADLINES:February 5, 2016:
- Last day to submit special housing requests for returning students for the fall 2016 semester.
May 13, 2016:
- Last day to submit special housing requests for first year students for the fall 2016 semester.
SPECIAL HOUSING REQUESTS:
- For students requesting special housing requests due to asthma and/or allergies, please visit http://studentaffairs.duke.edu/studenthealth/forms-policies.