Employment and Public Accommodations
Duke University encourages individuals with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodations, or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact your program sponsor in advance of your participation or visit. Should you still have concerns, please contact the Director Employment and Visitor Accommodations, Shonda Desir, in the Disability Management System at 919-684-8247 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duke provides applicable forms for requesting accommodations in the employment setting at Duke University/Duke University Health System.
A consistent procedure to explore possible workplace accommodations for individuals who request them:
- Reasonable Accommodations Process
- Guidelines for Documenting Disorders/Impairments
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, however, you may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
ONLINE REQUEST FORMS
- Duke University Campus, Duke University Hospital, Medical Center Employees (external link will open a new tab or window)
- Duke Regional Hospital Employees (external link will open a new tab or window)
Duke Raleigh Hospital Employees (external link will open a new tab or window)
ONLINE FIRE AND SAFETY REFERRAL FORM - All employees who submit a request form must submit a Fire and Safety Form
- Fire and Safery Referral Form (external link will open a new tab or window)
PRINTABLE REQUEST AND FIRE/SAFETY FORMS
- Duke University Campus, Duke University Hopsital, Medical Center Employees Form (PDF)
- Duke Regional Hospital Employees Form (PDF)
- Duke Raleigh Hospital Employees Form (PDF)
If you have any questions regarding employee disability related issues, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com. We will respond within 1 business day.