Employment & Visitor Accommodations
Duke University encourages individuals with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodations, or have questions about the reasonable accommodations process, please contact your program sponsor in advance of your participation or visit. Should you still have concerns, please contact the Employment and Visitor Accommodations office within the Disability Managment System (DMS).
Kim Basnight, Program Coordinator
Shonda Desir, Director
Duke provides applicable forms for requesting accommodations in the employment setting at Duke University/Duke University Health System.
A consistent procedure to explore possible workplace accommodations for individuals who request them:
- Reasonable Accommodations Process
- Guidelines for Documenting Disorders/Impairments
ONLINE REQUEST FORMS
- Duke University Campus, Duke University Hospital, Medical Center Employees
- Duke Regional Hospital Employees
ONLINE FIRE AND SAFETY REFERRAL FORM
All employees who submit a request form must submit a Fire and Safety Form. If you are an individual with a disability who may have issues evacuating during an emergency, please fill out and submit to DMS.
PRINTABLE REQUEST AND FIRE/SAFETY FORMS
- Duke University Campus, Duke University Hospital, Medical Center Employees Form (PDF)
- Duke Regional Hospital Employees Form (PDF)
- Duke Raleigh Hospital Employees Form (PDF)
If you have any questions regarding employee disability related issues, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.